Explore ArcGIS Pro capabilities and become familiar with common GIS workflows and best practices to map, manage, analyse, and share GIS data and resources.
In this course, you will explore ArcGIS Pro capabilities as you become comfortable working with this new desktop application. The course emphasises common GIS workflows and best practices to map, manage, analyse, and share GIS data and resources. You will acquire the essential skills you need to be productive with ArcGIS Pro.
If you have previously used ArcMap extensively the Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro course may be more appropriate for your skill level.
Individuals with introductory-level knowledge of GIS concepts and limited ArcGIS experience
Completion of ArcGIS 1: Introduction to GIS or equivalent knowledge.
Check out whether you are ready to take this course here. Requires an Esri global account to access the assessment
- Combine data from different sources to create accurate, informative maps.
- Organise, create, and edit geographic data to keep it accurate and up to date.
- Symbolise map features to support 2D and 3D visualisation.
- Design an attractive page layout for maps that will be printed.
- Analyse GIS data to solve spatial problems and create new information.
- Share maps, analysis results, and geoprocessing models so they are easily accessible to colleagues, decision makers, or the public.
- Getting started with ArcGIS Pro
- Creating geodatabase data
- Using ModelBuilder for data conversion
- Visualising data
- Creating map features from tabular data
- Relating tabular data
- Creating new features
- Editing features
- Using ModelBuilder for analysis