Identify patterns, make predictions, answer questions.
Learn essential concepts and a standard workflow you can apply to any spatial analysis project. You will work with a variety of ArcGIS tools to explore, analyse, and produce reliable information from data. Course exercises use an Advanced license of ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS 3D Analyst, ArcGIS Spatial Analyst, and ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst.
Who is this course for?
- GIS Analysts
- GIS Technical Leads
- Higher Education Educators
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Use interpolation and regression analysis to explain why patterns occur and predict how patterns will change.
- Prepare data and choose appropriate tools and settings for an analysis.
- Examine features and distribution patterns within an area of interest and identify optimal locations using 2D and 3D analysis tools.
- Quantify spatial patterns using spatial statistics and analyse change over time to identify emerging hot spots
- Building a foundation for spatial analysis
- Planning and preparing for spatial analysis
- Proximity analysis
- Overlay analysis
- Automating spatial analysis
- Creating surfaces using interpolation
- Overlay analysis using raster data
- Spatial statistics
- Space-time analysis
- Regression analysis
- Geographically weighted regression
- Geostatistical interpolation
- 3D analysis