The Geospatial Accelerated Learning Programme Express (GALoP-X) is a condensed six week programme designed to close the skills gap; developed to quickly bring emerging spatial professionals up to speed with the use and application of the latest geospatial technology. It aims to grow and develop the participant’s skills to a level where they can make significant contributions to their organisations.
What benefits does the programme offer?
- Gain technical skills to increase productivity and innovation in your workplace
- Build team experience with the latest Esri, and Esri-related, technology
- Further leverage your geospatial investment
- Fast-track your team’s geospatial capability
- Train staff to develop skill sets that will allow them to undertake a greater variety of work
- Gain insight into best practice and how to successfully deliver geospatial projects in-house
- Equip staff with skills to help manage work more effectively and efficiently
- Provide your organisation with a competitive edge with training on the latest technology
- An investment in your employee’s career development
- Assist in the promotion of your organisation as an employer of choice
- Enable your staff to grow their geospatial network
Eagle is seeking applications from emerging spatial professionals enthusiastic about technology and innovation, who have recently entered the workforce or perhaps those that have recently transitioned into a role working with ArcGIS.
Select topics, including 3D Analysis and GIS & BIM, Python, Platform Architecture, Development basics, FME and Image Analysis will be covered through speciality workshops.
- Learning through doing
- Technical training throughout the programme will be followed by opportunities to 'learn through doing' enabling students to cement learning through relevant and practical exercises and challenges.
- Industry Exposure
- The programme will include a site visit to another organisation to showcase the use of innovative Esri technology
- Business Skills
- Through applying technical skills in a real-world environment during the course of the programme, business analysis skills, project management and presentation skills will be developed, with short blocks offered on key concepts in a geospatial environment.
- A two day hackathon will be held towards the end of the programme to encourage collaboration, foster creativity and improve development skills, and will provide an excellent opportunity to both build on and showcase skills learnt throughout the programme